Looking Back on the Single Cell Genomics 2023 Event
Sometimes the sum of the parts is greater than the whole.
Vizgen is proud to have sponsored the 10th annual Single Cell Genomics event this year in Engelberg, Switzerland. For 3 days, pioneers and experts in the field of single cell genomics convened to discuss the rapidly evolving industry that is transforming nearly every field of biomedical research and hear presentations from invited leaders such as our Scientific Co-founder and Senior Director of Technology & Partnerships George Emanuel, PhD, and Harvard University Professor Xiowei Zhuang, PhD.
The meeting provided a welcoming forum to share knowledge and hold informal discussions on the key issues facing the growing single cell genomics industry. Topics included:
- How can the behavior of groups of thousands or tens of thousands of single cells be analyzed and modeled?
- How can samples of precise single-cell-states be converted to inferred cellular behavior, in space and time?
- How can multimodal single-cell datasets be integrated?
- What can we learn about cell-cell interactions?
- What are the immediate implications to fields like neuroscience, immunology, cancer research and stem cells?
- What will the longer-term impacts be for clinical research and practice?
Thank you, Ido Amit, Sten Linnarsson, John Marioni, Aviv Regev, Rickard Sandberg, Amos Tanay, Barbara Treutlein, and Alexander van Oudenaarden for organizing and bringing leaders in the single cell genomics industry together for such an insightful and impactful event. We are already looking forward to next year!